Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Incogneato

It seems so long ago that I constantly had my phone at the ready killing my thumbs and brain cells by texting all day or downloading another ridiculous ring tone that would most likely only serve its purpose as my alarm clock wake up call.I'd like to lie and say it was by choice that I am no longer so electronically attainable but alas no,twas not.Mama had bills to pay and the more that came the less my phone became a priority.

How would I live,right?uh,no

To this day I couldn't be happier being phoneless.It is probably the best thing ever and I
strongly encourage everyone to do it.I feel like Tina post Ike.Addiction to cell phones is so unattractive anyway.In fact yesterday while I was trying to enjoy a lax stroll through our friendly neighborhood flea market I noticed a couple things:

1.People like to dress up their phones in a variation of silly plastic/pleather/camo outfits

2.When babies get all cranky,mothers hand over their cell phones to pacify them.What ever happened to good old fashioned non radioactive binkys??

3.Teenagers(my sister specifically)are becoming a hazard to society because of their addiction to texting.They no longer watch where they are going.I was bumped into several times by little shits on their mobiles.They walk around aimlessly like zombies,eyes glued to tiny lcd screens and trying to get a comprehensible response from of them is nearly impossible.

Oh and don't even get me started on THAT GIRL 

Basically it all comes down to this:
Phonlessness= Frugality =Freedom.

Being unreachable does present its problems but I know that the people who I want to keep in contact with and want to keep in contact with me have their ways.And that's what I call a true friend(chuckle).But for all those other "hey can I get a ride"s and fucking no soul student loan Co's all I can say is...better learn how to send smoke signals.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I am a slave to my cellphone, and I wish I could, in a way, release myself from the its grasp, but it's too essential to my every day life! I could get rid of tv, only to substitute it by internet television websites (ex: youtube/hulu) which in a way, increases productivity for me, since I tend to multitask and work on other things as I do so.

    Telephones slavery doesn't bother me as much as being bound to a car. I wish public transportation was more reliable around here, and if it was, I would so get rid of my car, and I think that would make me feel less guilty about abusing my other technological commodities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touche on the car thing.I'd love it if they actually did the commuter rail they've been promising us forever!If they did that than oh yeah,I'd sell my car in a heart beat.Also I would start selling hemp braclets and quoting Jerry Garcia.

    ReplyDelete