Friday, August 21, 2009

Style Icon

Baby in Dirty Dancing

Here in Fl summers get freakin HOT!To cope I've been drinking lemonade,water,and iced tea by the gallons and cutting all of my jeans in to shorts.Tonight while I was channel surfing I came across one of my favorite movies of all time,Dirty Dancing!This movie makes me super happy.I literally spent the majority of my twelfth year of life obsessed with Francis "Baby" Houseman and I would constantly play the shit out of the soundtrack and pretend I was her.In fact, I'm almost sure that me and my cousins have some old home videos of us trying to attempt the famous lift and it's probably miraculous that none of us ever broke any extremities.

But anyway, *fades out of nostalgia trip* my entire point is that with summer nearing an end(well not really here,Florida's summer is endless)I feel the need to savour every little bit of it I can.

Dirty Dancing screams summer to me and Baby's a total style icon.It's all crop tops,capris,tanks,super short shorts and old school Keds.And not to mention that kind of stunning dress she wears when...ahem "nobody puts Baby in the corner".Couldn't help it.So while the heat lasts,I'll take a little inspiration from the girl who can rock water soaked clothes like no one else can.









When fall comes around I'll be sporting a Johnny-esque leather jacket but until then Happy Summer everyone!

3 comments:

  1. nobody puts Baby in the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know she said that the worst things she ever did for her career was get a nose job. go figure!

    ReplyDelete